Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Sorry for the Silence
There have been some major advancements with my understanding of Lochlans health. It always bothered me that he was smaller and so much thinner than other babies. People I trusted told me that it was normal. Well, it just wasn't normal. It's not normal for babies to continue to have 8 - 10 soiled diapers a day and it's really not normal for them to be in so much pain. After doing my own research on the internet I began to suspect that Lochlan had some type of issue with my breastmilk and unfortunatly he wasn't thriving. I really started looking for answers when my sleep deprivation became unbearable and I learned that HE had only gained one pound in TWO MONTHS. I needed some answers! To make a very long story short, I discovered an article that described every symptom and problem that we were experiencing. I finally found a pediatrician who validated my suspicions. She helped me make some changes for him and now Lochlan sleeps. Last night he went to be just before 9 p.m. and only woke up twice before it was time to get up for the day. He has gained about 2 pounds in the past three weeks.He seems even happier,(which I didn't think was possible given that he is such a happy guy) he is saying new words and starting to walk all suddenly. There are still some challenges but we are in a much better place than before. And it breaks my heart to think of how he dealt with his pain. It was all he knew. It breaks my heart to think of how thirsty he was because of the non-stop diarrhea. It amazes me to know how strong he is that he could endure it all. I love my little Lochlan and am glad to share that he is doing so much better. So sorry for the silence as I had been consumed with frustration before finding the answers and getting the proper treatment for the poor little guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow! I am so sorry to hear about that... especially knowing how chunky Dana has always been.... so what are you going to do with the next baby (that is when you have another baby)? would the same issue reoccur? just wondering.... so he is now on solids for sure right? I can't believe our children are turning 1!!!!!! time flew a little too fast! at least for me....
Post a Comment